Articles on: Blog

Can I travel to Australia on a tourist visa to appear at the NAATI CCl test?

It is possible to travel to Australia on a tourist visa to take the NAATI CCl (Certificate in Community Language) test, but it may not be the best option for everyone.

It's important to note that a Tourist visa for Australia is issued for the purpose of tourism or to visit family or friends and not for undertaking any professional or academic studies, so it might not be appropriate for the purpose of taking the NAATI test.

It is advisable to check with the Australian Department of Home Affairs (DHA) or the Australian Embassy/Consulate in your country, to confirm if a Tourist visa would be suitable for your purpose and to get more information about the visa application process.

You can also consider other options such as student visa, or work visa (if you have an employer who is willing to sponsor you) as they might be more appropriate, but these options will depend on your circumstances.

If you plan on staying in Australia longer than the duration of the visa, you should also be aware that overstaying your visa can have serious consequences and may negatively impact your ability to return to Australia in the future.

It's important to carefully consider your options and have a clear understanding of the visa requirements and conditions before making a decision to travel to Australia for the NAATI CCl test.

Updated on: 11/02/2023

Was this article helpful?

Share your feedback


Thank you!